FactoryTalk Studio - Parameter File Problem

Kamoenix

Heya,

I'm designing a system that allows me to fill up tankers from multiple loading stations. Each loading station is the same hence the use of parameter files.

The problem lies when I input any variable into an input box I want that same box to show what its just written. There is an option to do it in the label tab of the box but it doesn't work with it being filled with a parameter location.

I am curious if any of you have run into this problem and how you managed to fix it.

(This problem has been annoying me for the last week! :( )

To insert a varible in the label section of an object make sure you use the radio button. Once that window is open place your parameter number there. This allows the program to properly format the Text for use.
You can do multiple entries using the entry tool like adding hardcoded text along with varible text. If you are going to use a Parameter File to fill out your Label for an object then I would make String Tags. Use the memory type and enter your text in the initial value field. This way your Parameter File would be able to call the Text field needed for each location.

#1={LabelFolder\Label_01}

Note: I always precede Single digits with zero's so Tags will sort properly in Tag Folders. If not you'll get.

And Welcome to the Forum.