Schneider Altivar32 reseting problem

Mikl

Hello

i have a problem for controlling of Altivar32 from Schneider.
it always says "CANOpen error".
"Reset" signal is not helping.

i am using SoMachine3.1.10.1 and Altivar32_Control from SE_ATV library version 4.3.3.0

help my please.

Check cables, topology, resistors, check settings in the drives and check settings in the controller. Start with a minimum configuration that would allow you to check the cables, then extend it adding all the needed SDO's, PDO's...

At the end you must know that Schneider have a bogus implementation in CANOpen. After months of sniffing the CANopen network with a Beckhoff CANOpen network sniffer we were able to see that apart of the ATV71 (which are terribly expensive) all the other ones suffered of that bug: the slave device (drive) is not waiting for the master device to start, therefore, when the master device asks the slave to start it is not receiving any answer and the communication fails.

That bug is not happening always. Only some times, therefore start checking cables and so...

Good luck!

Thanks

i did check cables and parameters many times. i did empty program and add only this function block.

reset works only at first time of run of PLC. after it always says "COF" or "NST"

i thing, that description bug it is really close to reality. but question how to solve it?

any practical advise?

thanks again

All the times i used it and had a problem something wasnt implemented incorrectly. Never had a bug on lots of systems including mostly atv71 and atv312. Send me a pm with your email and i will send you the installation manual for canopen. Alot of things you must look for. Have you measured the resistance between + and - on canopen network? How long is your total network? Where is the drive situated on the network? Are you using the correct pdo (same version that firmware version listed on side of drive?)

Last edited:
Hello

For now i am using simple stand with one Altivar and one Lexium at 1 meter after PLC.
About PDOs i am not sure. Looks like ok, because it works sometimes.

Are you using cantap splitter device? Turn system off. then measure resistance between Can_L and Can_H. Let me know what the resistance is

My configuration

In attachment is "image" of my configuration.

Sorry, but i do not uninterested that is "cantap splitter device"

Thanks for advise. I will do it, but i do not see problems in physical layer for now.

untitled.JPG

haha ook if you think so. In most fieldbusses the problem is always in the physical layer. Just measure the resistance and let me know. Are you sure the can plug thats on the can port of the plc h=also has its resistor on?

hello

sorry for the silence. we need to finish an another project.

i will beck to this at Thursday.

thank you for help

I am back

Sorry for silence.

Problem was inside of controlling functions. Them order and parameters.

So, bad programming.

Thank to all.