GE Machine Edition help

jcraft

Hi all,

I have a question trying to communicate with 90-30's on our machines. We have 6 separate machines with a 90-30 rack and a PC/HMI that communicate individually via Ethernet. All the machines ran old Versapro software up until about 6 months ago. AT that time I converted all machines to ME 7.0 and downloaded the conversions using a serial cable directly to the PLC. Since then everything has been working fine and communicating. My question is today I wanted to go online with my laptop ( windows 7 and ME 7.0) and troubleshoot an issue. For some reason I cannot communicate via Ethernet to the laptop. I plugged the cable into the switch and I can ping the PLC IP address. I get a response from everything that is sent. I also made sure in the ME project for the target under properties that Ethernet is selected and the correct IP address is in properties. OTher that than that 15 retry attempts and it times out. I tried this on two different machines and get the same results. Any ideas? Thx.

Been several years since I used ME But since your able to ping them from the PC I would look to find something in ME software setup / project configs..

I thought that as well that it is something in ME. I have built a bunch of projects though and have only used these to settings under properties. I can't figure out what else would need to be set in ME. Hopefully there are others out there that can chime in that use it regularly. THanks

In the Inspector Window under 'Physical Port' be sure that it is set for Ethernet and that the IP address is set to match the PLC's and that the IP address is within the same mask but different from the PC running PME. You may want to verify what the PLC's IP is in the 'Hardware Configuration'.
That is really all you need, unless you have a gateway that the PLC needs to know about. You may need to check with your IT people for this.

You indicated that you downloaded once via Serial, can you still connect that way and does it indicate "Config Equal"? Could you connect via Ethernet at one time?

Last edited: