List of STANDARD electrical schematic symbols?

Tofo

I read a few different electrical schematics from different companies. I found that they used different symbols to represent the same things. Is there any STANDARD set of electrical schematic symbols? Any comments, websites would help.

Is there any STANDARD set of electrical schematic symbols?
Yes, there are heaps of standards. It depends on where the company is located to know what standards are to be used. So far there is no worldwide standard.

Regards,

Yes, there are heaps of standards. It depends on where the company is located to know what standards are to be used. So far there is no worldwide standard.

Regards,

So, what is the common standard in USA? Actually, I went to an interview this morning, the guy gave me an electric schematic to read. If I could also see the hardware, I could tell for sure. However, I did not want to give him "I guess this is...." because I was not 100% sure.