Can you inhibit a RS5000 module with logic

PLC_Shaggy

I am in the process of migrating a SLC to a CompactLogix. To aid this conversion I am using a AENTR to make the SLC a remote rack to the CL while doing my development. The problem I am running into is there are several vision cameras. For the SLC to work I need to Inhibit the cameras in the CL. I would like to be able to do this in the logic by monitoring the status of the AENTR. If the adapter is active I take control of the cameras. Once the adapter is in fault (not being used), I inhibit the communications with the cameras with the CL.

I have tried using the SSV command. But for Modules, I only get a Mode selection. This toggles the 'Major Fault On Controller' setting.

For now I will just manually toggle the Inhibit Module setting.

Thanks for any help.

Yes you can you need to use an SSV.

You need to send 4 to the Module Mode.

For Example
Module Name: Camera1
Variable: Camera1SSV

Rung:
XIC InhibitCamera1 ONS InhibitCamera1ONS Mov 4 Camera1SSV SSV Module Camera1 Mode Camera1SSV

If you then want to enable the module you move 0 to the Mode.

It's better practice to read the mode using a GSV first, and then set/reset bit 2, and then send changes mode using SSV. The other bits may have separate functions that you may not want to change. If bit 0 is set, a major fault will be generated if the module connection faults while the controller is in Run mode.