Micrologix 1100 - functions/loops/subroutines?

ryrzu

Hello,
Basic question i believe:
Is it possible to create functions/loops/subroutines that can be used on different data files.

Example:
I have ladder program that use modbus communication to read data from 3 modbus slaves. I need to calculate average value of 60 readings so i use ADD to accumulate data and then DIV to get average. Its nice and simple but when i have like 100 tags like this and 3 devices i really could use some loop/function/subroutine that can be used 300 times with different ADD and DIV source file.
Currently i manually copy & paste DIV and ADD rungs and change addresses L31:0 -> L31:1 -> L31:2 and so on... it will take forever.

If it's not possible in mlx 1100 is it possible in 1400?

Hallo ryrzu,

not directly. But you can use a variable as index,
an then use adressing like N7:[N7:31]
See attached image.

Best regards,
crawler009

test.jpg

It sounds like you will want to use indirect addressing on the file number portion of the address, i.e. L[N7:0]:1, where N7:0 is 31 in your example. Put all of your add/div rungs into a separate subroutine, then use JSR to execute it when you're ready to do the averaging (after setting N7:0 to the correct value).