Mitsubishi HMI

Hardwerk

I created several screens using the MELSEC GT Designer 2. The problem that i'm having is that the "buttons" for the touchscreen HMI display don't work very well. The "sweet spot" or the actual spot where someone will push on the touchscreen is very small and in some cases not even on top of the image of the "button" itself. 90% of the sweet spots are in the bottom right hand corner, and a few are not even on the button at all! obviously this is a problem as every logical person will want to push the touchscreen in the middle of the graphic "button" When you move the image left, right, up or down the "sweet spot" will actually move to a different location on the image as well, but still never gets in a good position and never right in the middle of the button.

so the question is, how can i manual change where the sweet spot is on the image? we have tried the tech support route and have not been able to work it out yet.

so i'm hoping the masterminds of plcs.net might be able to recommend something (besides using Allen-Bradley b/c that is a no brainer and not my call)

I'm not familiar with Misubishi, but any brand of touchscreen I've used has some kind of calibration procedure that allows you to correct for drift between the graphics and the touch cells. This procedure is usually accessed from some kind of system or configuration screen, typically in a menu item or such like the one used to adjust contrast and so on. Your manual should have some info on this.

Draw a very small object and make this your pushbutton. Place it on top, in the very center of the bigger object that is a drawing of what function you want to emulate.

you gotta be kidding me.

pierre i've heard of your mitsubishi experience, have you ever had this problem?

oh how mitsubishi is going down hill in my book

No I have never had this problem with them HMI but they are not always Mitsu's brand.

They do have issues with some HMI but all brand have some bugs. What is bad is that I usually find bugs for very particular setup and real special functions combinations. Not the kind of simple thing you want to do like a push-button.

What model is it?
What Software and model you've got?

Is this a GOT940?

don't have specs right in front of me

its a SOFTGOT a9## or something like that.

using GX Developer 2 running a Q series mitsu PLC

I am using GT designer 2, Q series PLC and A975GOT right now
(it's sitting in front of me). Touching ANY point (even sharp
point) on the button surface triggers the button.

panic mode said:
I am using GT designer 2, Q series PLC and A975GOT right now
(it's sitting in front of me). Touching ANY point (even sharp
point) on the button surface triggers the button.

That's the reason I asked for the versions of softwares. As you must have experienced before them Misti's "Packages" are often pretty touchy in regards of there matches.

ESPECIALLY with the newer Q System. Before I do any programming of HMI connected with a Q System I usually get the most up to date firmwares, drivers, softwares version.

I had issues with bizzarre results and they all disapeared when I updated my versions...

I just hate this. The last one was an E900T with Q02H. My SMTP would delay sending by hours, the FTP Server would hang my connexion and the displays where sometimes missing some bitmaps :(

Soon as I updated the newer drivers for the Q PLCs it all whent away.

Keep pushbuttons large on Touchscreens, fat-fingered operators will appreciate it!

When you put a touch-switch object on your screen in GT Designer a "dotted-line" box should automatically be displayed along with the object. This "dotted-line" box indicates the number and position of the touch areas that will be allocated to the object when the screen is downloaded to the HMI panel. If the object is not aligned well with the touch areas of the HMI panel then you will get a very small overall touch area.

For example ; if the touch areas are 8 x 8 dots and your touch-switch object is 16 x 16 dot, when the object is properly aligned it will use 4 touch areas, when it is poorly aligned it will use only one touch area. If your touch-switch object is 15 x 15 dots then it can only ever use one touch area.