1784-u2dhp

Jcooli09

I'm installing new computers running win7 64 bit and using Factory Talk 7. On the old PCs we used DH+ to work around network traffic delay issues, but the old PKXT cards don't support Win7, so we used 1784-u2dhp and it worked great.

I'm trying to copy that solution in Toledo, but the u2dhp doesn't connect to the DH+ on the PLC5, the channel light blinks red.

What the heck am I doing wrong? I've been through the baud rate and com port (4 on my computer) and can't get it to work. I get the same issue on my laptop.

Any ideas?

I did this. I got a conflict message, so I uninstalled and reinstalled and changed the com port. I changed the station number because that's how I got it to work on my XP laptop, but it just changed the workstation and added another device 'KE/KF/KF2'. I have no idea what that is, but it isn't my plc5/40.

Also, I'm using a graceport device as an adapter to go from blue hose to the minidin, but when I plug it in the channel light on my processor turns off, I think that indicates that the channel is inactive, and when I unplug it blinks slowly.

Unplug the unit. Delete the driver in Linx and restart the PC.

The plug it back it and check what com port is assigned and setup the driver again.

If you com port changes the driver won't work and has to be changed. best to delete and recreate IMHO.

The grace ports adaptor is fine no smarts in it just an adaptor.

Are you using the U2DHP driver? or are you using the DF! Driver?

I've tried all of that stuff (sigh), uninstalled the 1784-u2bhp driver, changed the com port, uninstalled the linx driver, changed the node number.

changing the node number produced the display I described above, and I have no idea what it is. The only thing I can think of that I haven't done is uninstalling rslinx and reinstalling.

Are you using the U2DHP driver? or are you using the DF! Driver?

I'm using the u2dhp driver.

I brought it to Chicago to test it out here. I have another installation using the u2dhp, and figured I could compare the two.

The one that was set up before shows node 0, workstation and node 2, plc-5/40b, Chicago.

I got the second working, but it shows node0 ke/kf/kf2. It does find the PLC, and calls it node 2.

I'm going to try running through the rest of the node numbers, there are only 77 of them...