PLC to Excel with DDE on events

ABL_Leblanc

Hi,

I use DDE link to get tag data from a PLC to Excel via RSLinx Classic.
Currently, I get all the data every seconds, but I would get them on trigger, when PLC values change.
For example, I want to get the values of some scales and I don't want to miss data (if 2 measurements are the same, get values regularly will be a problem).
So is there a way to doing this ?

Thanks for any help.

EDIT : I've seen that I could use "Unsolicited Messages" in RSLinx topic configuration, but I don't know how to configure it.

Last edited:

Similar Topics

I know there are other topics on this, but I'm trying to get an already working Macro in Excel to run on my machine (Win 7 64-Bit). I'm thinking...
Replies
Views
U
Does anyone know a way for me to work from a database, that is linked to serveral PLCs, and somehow using DDE , link Excel to this Database so...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I'm looking for an very simple cost effective OPC application software / any other solution for very simple reporting application. PLC...
Replies
Views
Is it possible to pull information from a specific cell in an excel spreadsheet and use it in a program? I am wanting to display a time amount for...
Replies
Views
Good morning. I originally posted about this topic on April 4th and ran into an issue with the IT department and their rules but have since found...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom