KOYO Direct Logic 205 can't link with HMI

erichvlee

Hi guys,

I have a communication problem between KOYO Direct Logic 205 CPU DL250-1
and Weintek EasyView MT506TV HMI touch screen.

They have been running fine till last power off few months ago, recently i turn them on and the HMI cant communicate with the PLC, error message "PLC no response".

I checked both the program are still inside the plc & hmi, is there some memory bit in the plc i have to set / activate in order for them to communicate?
I did check the RS232 cable, still good.

Please help me !!

I had tried both in the "TERM" and "RUN", the "COM" LED at the HMI turn on, when i try to select the menu by touching the screen, it blink for few times and "PLC no response" error message display at HMI...

I think there is some special bit in the PLC Memory has to be turn ON in order for them to communicate ... but i dont know how to do it ...

Which ports on the DL250-1 are you using to verify the program and connect the HMI? If they are the same port then the HMI is not set to the same communication parameters as the PLC port.

Port 2 (15 Pin)
All the setting are has been configured, no change since last time.
Protocol: K-Sequence,
Time-Out: Base TimeOut x 1
RTS Delay On: 0 ms
RTS Delay Off: 0 ms
Station No.: 1
Baud Rate: 9600
Stop Bits: 1
Parity: Odd

Mr. Carlton, can i email you the PLC & HMI Program for you to have a look?
I really need help on this.

If you are connecting to the same port for both verifying the PLC program and the hmi, and the PLC programming software connects ok then there is something wrong with settings in the HMI or its cable.

As I don't have software to view the HMI project it wouldn't do much goo to have it.

This may not help, but once I had a c-more touch screen go completely blank when communicating to a dl-260. I plugged my laptop into the touchscreen and downloaded the program to the laptop, then uploaded it back to the touchscreen. Did not do anything else, and it fixed it. Good luck.

If it was working and nothing else changed, then it is likely a hardware issue with either the CPU or the HMI or possibly the power supply for the PLC or the HMI. The cable is a possibility as well, but it is unlikely to have just "gone bad".

There are not any bits in the PLC memory that controls communication. The only thing is the PLC that could be changed is the serial port configuration.

The PLC switch must be in the TERM position with the RUN LED lit.