Help with Datalogic Barcode Reader

beethoven_ii

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a project using 2 Datalogic DS2400N barcode scanners connected over Profibus to a Siemens S7-315-2 PN/DP processor. The hardware configuration is done, the scanners are working fine through the suppliers 'Genius' software from a laptop but I now need to trigger each scanner independently over Profibus and store the barcode information in a datablock in my plc. I have copied the suppliers sample library project with the necessary FB's, FC's and UDT's into mine but am struggling to get to grips with how to make this work. I have sample code and a load of instruction manuals which cover a wide range of possible applications but finding the bits relevant to what I want to do is almost impossible.

The suppliers of the scanners have no-one who can support me on the plc side of getting this to work, they just buy them in from Italy, nor can they provide me with the name of another company in the UK who have successfully installed a similar set up.

Has anyone in here ever done something similar with Datalogic barcode scanners?

Thanks & Regards,

Barry