text message

bak

I am new to playing with the plc . I have been doing the bullend of this business for over 30 years .What is the easy way for me to monitor 4 alarms and text them?

Welcome to the Forum !

There are hundreds of different models of PLC controllers from dozens of manufacturers. Some of them have text message or e-mail capability, and some don't.

Post as much information as you can about the logic controllers you are using and the software or operator-interface devices connected to them.

I have been playing with the CLICK PLC . I would like to be able to monitor 2 high level and 2 low level alarms in an old water plant

I'm not sure there is an "easy" way with the CLICK. Do you have a PC on site that could be configured to do the messaging?
If you do, then you could network the CLICK to the PC, and then have php or .net or whatever language you prefer to send the actual text.

The CLICK cannot do it on its own (I have a DoMore that is doing it now, but that's a whole different animal).

Maybe you can add a small HMI to the system have have it send a email or SMS message? I would recomend the Red Lion G30X series if you do. The C-More HMI's may also be able to do email and Text too.