FactoryTalk ME sending text message

40mpg

Hello all,

I seen some post here from 2013 regarding sending text messages for alarm using FactoryTalk ME. I wanted to see if anyone implemented this feature in their projects.

I want to be able to send a text message out to a cell phone based on alarms in FactoryTalk ME HMI or the ControlLogix processor directly.

My system cannot be connected to the internet, so is there an add on device that can take an input from FactoryTalk ME Station HMI or the ControlLogix processor and send out a text message?

I've used a product called SCADADroid from Reonix that does just that, but I've only implement that for the clearSCADA software from Schneider.

From cursory search, looks like the Prosoft ICX35 Industrial Cellular Gateway will do the trick, they have a youtube video showing sending text messages out from a Micro800 PLC, the AOI provided uses MSG instruction to communicate with the ICX35...

https://www.prosoft-technology.com/...ellular/Industrial-Cellular-Gateway-ICX35-HWC

Last edited:
Carriers do make USB SMS devices. But I don't know if an CE driver exists to use it. I would call one of the carriers tech support to find out.