FactoryTalk View Studio ME 9.0 sending mail

Asefakaratas

Hello everyone,

I'm using PVP1000. How can I send e-mail when an alarm occurs in FactoryTalk View Studio?

And the other question I wonder;
Currently, the system has 10 powerflex drives, 1 PLC and 8 points I/O. All of them are communicating. So the IP of my panel is set statically. If I want to send an e-mail, I think I have to select "dynamic". This disrupts communication. I am curious about your ideas.

I'm waiting your helps. Thanks in advance.

Search the Rockwell Knowledge base, there is a sample program for PLC & HMI to do just that.

The HMI doesn't care what IP address it has within the subnet, you point it to the PLC not the other way round.

You can leave your HMI as DCHP and it will still work, providing something gives it an IP Address.

I would be cautious about exposing a pv100 to the internet though to send out emails, but that said, i'm no network / IT expert.

Page 8 onwards: https://www.rockwellautomation.com/...ion-university/hands-on/aul-21-handsonlab.pdf

You would want to point the PVP at a SMTP Server/relay.
I second Janner's thoughts, I wouldn't expose one of these to the internet, so you'll want one local to the network you are on.
You also shouldn't just set one up, they tend to get blacklisted QUICKLY since spammers love unsecured ones.

I would engage the local IT folks, They *should* know if there's a suitable endpoint to talk too.