FactoryTalk View Studio ME - BrokenLinkObject

mechadruid

Hello. I have a Project I'm doing in Factorytalk View Studio. One of my displays I created has a bunch of red x's on all of the objects I created.

I originally copied and pasted some of these objects from a display in the "Global Objects" folder in View Studio.

I was wondering how I can get these objects back? I tried importing the display again but it has not brought back the objects that are not displaying.

Do I need to have the global objects display that I made have the same objects as the the screen in my Displays?

brokenlinkobject.PNG

I don't think I quite understand what you are doing. Is this a new project that you imported the screens to? If so, did you also import the global objects into the new project? You definitely need to have the global objects in the project for them to link. I don't think it will be enough to just create the same objects in the global objects folder. If you recreate them by hand, you will need to copy/paste them again.

I found out what I did. I deleted the objects I made in "Global Objects" that I was using in my displays. Well luckily I had an export of the global objects I made, so I just imported them back and was able to copy them into my display again.

Glad to hear it is working again! Thank you for taking the time to post the resolution.

If you want the objects in your display to no longer be references to global objects, then after copying them in right-click them and hit 'break link'. This will turn them into regular objects and you can then delete the global objects if desired (note you will lose global object parameters if you happen to be using them.

If you want the objects in your display to no longer be references to global objects, then after copying them in right-click them and hit 'break link'. This will turn them into regular objects and you can then delete the global objects if desired (note you will lose global object parameters if you happen to be using them.

Good to know....I use Globals for Header/Footers, but I really don't find them that useful in ME.

But to be honest, I don't find much of anything useful in ME. I'm in the middle of converting a WW HMI to ME, and simple things like setting a BOOL value to persistent value of 1 seems like an act of congress. And don't get me started on the lack of an enable/disable button feature. Stacking buttons/panels with visibility is so 1980 ;)

What i should be do when factory talk studio show me message (failed to connected link may be broken) when i connected with emulater.