FactoryTalk View Studio Overwriting Ramp Button Changes

MBDry

Hello,

I'm quite new with using FactoryTalk View Studio.

I am currently using FactoryTalk View Studio 13.00 and creating a runtime file for an application running version 8.00.

My issue is that whenever I try to save values to a ramp button, they keep getting reverted. I want to set my ramp down to have a lower limit of 0 and a ramp value of 1, and my ramp up to have an upper limit of 16 and a ramp value of 1. When I first opened the project, the ramp values were set to the same as the limit value (0 for the ramp down and 16 for the ramp up). I tried to change these values to 1 multiple times, but when I create a new runtime file, the ramp numbers revert back to 0 and 16.

Under the button settings in the general tab, I do not have any boxes checked other than the ramp up and ramp down for their respective buttons. I have tried to check the "Use variable ramp value" box, but had no success. Under the connection tab, I have Ramp set as 1 and Limit set for 0 (for the ramp down button) and 16 (for the ramp up button).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

when I create a new runtime file, the ramp numbers revert back to 0 and 16.
How are you seeing this? Based on behaviour after download?

If you re-open the button properties in the project, does it show your changed values?

I suppose it's possible that something here is not supported in v8, but this isn't the behaviour I'd expect in that case. It sounds rather more like your change just isn't getting saved, or you are running the old runtime rather than the new one.

Under the button settings in the general tab, I do not have any boxes checked other than the ramp up and ramp down for their respective buttons. I have tried to check the "Use variable ramp value" box, but had no success. Under the connection tab, I have Ramp set as 1 and Limit set for 0 (for the ramp down button) and 16 (for the ramp up button).

Putting values in Ramp/Limit in the connection tab should only have an effect if you have selected 'use variable ramp' or 'use variable limit' respectively -- the intended use is that you point the connection to a tag; the current value of the tag will then be used as the ramp or limit meaning it can be changed on the fly.

Since you want static values there shouldn't be any need for either of the variable options (and I don't know if v8 supports them). I would suggest leaving both variable options unselected and deleting all connections except the Value. I wouldn't expect it to matter, but I've had a variable limit setting cause problems once when creating a runtime in a version that didn't support it (though that was in a numeric input, not a ramp).

How are you seeing this? Based on behaviour after download?

If you re-open the button properties in the project, does it show your changed values?

I'm going to cover all my steps just to make sure I am doing everything correctly. After saving the changes for the page that my ramp buttons are on, I create a new runtime application. At first I was just loading the runtime project into the HMI and testing the buttons. The ramp buttons are used to select recipes that are stored in the PLC. Currently, the ramp buttons do not increase/decrease the value, so I am unable to select a different recipe.

I've been checking lately by restoring the runtime application using the Application Manager. The ramp value the general tab always reverts back to match the limit number.

Since you want static values there shouldn't be any need for either of the variable options (and I don't know if v8 supports them). I would suggest leaving both variable options unselected and deleting all connections except the Value. I wouldn't expect it to matter, but I've had a variable limit setting cause problems once when creating a runtime in a version that didn't support it (though that was in a numeric input, not a ramp).

I just tried to remove the values of the ramp and limit under the Connections tab and then manually enter the ramp value and limit in the General tab. After creating a new runtime and restoring it, I checked it in FactoryTalk View Studio again and once again the ramp value changed from 1 to the limit value for both ramp buttons.