Different language layouts in FactoryTalk View Studio

Lowden Clear

So, I'm new to the PLC world (fresh graduate) and at my job I've been pretty much only helping out the other programmers with simpler tasks while I get accostumed here.

Right now we're designing a FactoryTalk View Studio program, but the client wants it to be both in english and spanish. Translating isn't really a problem & we've already written pretty much all tags in both languages, but due to length differences (for example, "Oil gauge" becomes "Nivel de aceite") the screen layouts get completely botched in spanish. Is there any way to have separate layouts for both languages? I'm thinking something simple like smaller fonts might be enough, but I'm open to any suggestion.

Thanks!

You have to design the layout with a certain number of chars in mind... and when it comes to defining the strings to be translated, you have to let the translator know that he has to fit it within X number of chars.

In your case, a compromise would be "Niv. Aceite".