FactoryTalk View Studio Emulation Connection to Real PLC Issue

zidanet

Hi all, I'm having an issue with connecting View Studio emulation to a real PLC.

I am running View Studio 8.01 on a Hyper-V virtual machine, talking to a L72 PLC running V33. For the convenience of this thread:
- The VM running View Studio has hostname "SIM01"
- The L72 PLC is in slot 0 of the chassis
- The EN2T card is in slot 3 of the chassis and its IP address is 10.70.81.107

Several months ago, I created the first emulator comm path to the PLC:

Ethernet\10.70.81.107\Backplane\0

This worked.

Shortly after, the VM was domain-joined into the company domain as part of our IT security update. When I tried to make a new path earlier this week so I can use the same VM to simulate the HMI for another project whose PLC's IP address is 10.70.81.109, the path turned into this:

SIM01!Ethernet\10.70.81.109\Backplane\0

When the HMI simulation starts, it is unable to read data from the PLC.

Has anyone had this issue before? If yes, how did you get the simulated HMI to talk to the PLC?