FactoryTalk ME Sending The Same Tag Value To Different Nodes

MarkNightingale

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Hi,

I have 6 fillers, which all run the same. I want to send a value to the same tag address in each of the fillers using FactoryTalk Studio ME.

So for example if I write a value of 60 into the ME Tag ST2_Caustic_Wash_Time, then this goes to each of the fillers tags.
{[PLC31_Filler1]Data_From_HMI_Filler[127]}
{[PLC32_Filler2]Data_From_HMI_Filler[127]}
{[PLC33_Filler3]Data_From_HMI_Filler[127]} and so on.

I have read that I can use a macro but I haven't really used them before, and from reading the manual etc, it seems a long winded way to do it, because there are about 50 of these tags, so it would mean a whole load of work.

I don't know if there is a Tag group, where what ever value is in one tag it will write the same to all the tags in that group, which is basically what the macro will do.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Mark

The Macro is the way to do it.

Macro files are just text, so you can edit them with anything you like: fast and easy.

Exactly how many PLC's are you sending the data to?
Two or three, I **might** use a macro, but still probably wouldn't. I'd write the data to one PLC, and have that MSG it over to the others instead.

First Attempt

Ok, so I haven't used macros before.

This is what I have done for the first timer.

Now I have opened the .mcr file using excel so that I can easily edit the macro, and it goes back into FactoryTalk and the changes I have made are there.

So the real question, is this the correct way that I am doing it?

Thanks

Mark

Macro.jpg

Attachments

• Macro.zip
    434 bytes · Views: 1
I am sending it to 6 PLC's and I thought about doing that or even sending all the data to the main PLC and then have that send the data to all of the fillers.

Mark