Cognex InSight 5000 AOIs

widelto

Hi all :

Has anyone used AOIs designed by cognex to be used with Insight 5000 cameras.

Info on their web page is poor, i'd like to use them in my new project with two cameras.

I'm using RSlogix 5k, v20.

Any tip will be appreciated.

regards,

william

Hi all :

Has anyone used AOIs designed by cognex to be used with Insight 5000 cameras.

Info on their web page is poor, i'd like to use them in my new project with two cameras.

I'm using RSlogix 5k, v20.

Any tip will be appreciated.

regards,

william

I wouldn´t suggest using their AOI´s based on what I have seen from their sample code. Their sample code is very poorly written (using a MOV 0 instead of a CLR instruction, wrongly branched ladder logic etc). The camera´s are relatively easy to use and usually Cognex are very helpful in terms of setting the cameras up and comunicating etc.

I suggest you contact Cognex directly because their website is terrible!

Have not used an AOI designed by Cognex, but have several communicating with CLX processors. What are you looking to get out of the camera? Angles, a go/no go, other critical data?