plc5 messaging reset

James Mcquade

Hi all,

we have a plc5 messaging to a slc500 via wireless network.
the wireless unit went down and it took a week to replace it.
its now up and running, but the plc5 gives us a msg fault.

is there a messaging buffer that can be reset?

we plan to power down the slc500 and wireless controls
but need a backup plan if that does not solve the problem.

shutting down the plc5 is our last resort.

thanks in advance,
james

Maybe the channel's queue has filled up while the communications were not functional.
Try disabling the respective MSG by AFIing the rung for a few minutes otherwise, within the RSL5 Online application, Processor Status folder, Channel Warning Tab, un-check any eventual full queue(s); this might just do it if the SLC end is functional.

dmargineau,
thanks for the tip.
we tried that without any success, we had to reboot the slc500 and wireless unit.

the messaging system must have been full on it,
there was no downtime associated with this.
its a stationary machine that gets cycled maybe
once an hour or so.

thanks,
james