dumb question?

joshnix

Alright so I have not worked with Siemens much before. I noticed on a digital output card (24VDC - 6ES7322-1BL00-0AA0) that on all of the outputs we have 12VDC coming out when it is on. These are to Pneumatic Parker valve solenoids and I can't find any half blow fuses or anything that would drag down voltage. There are other outputs (32 total) and they are all only outputting 12VDC. Are these cards interchangable or is there a couple things that pop out in your mind to look at. Everything is fuse fed to the cards and we are sourcing the output.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Joshnix, i remember I once had a strange behavior with a siemens transistor output card. I had a few contactors and lights connected to an output card and all the lights were just fine. When I activated a contactor though, it was behaving a bit like you described. It turns out that the Surge Suppressor Module that was mounted on the contactor I was using was the problem. I don't remember exactly why it was giving me problems but I remember it was the source.

Check if your solenoids have surge supressors inside their connector. If they do, remove and try again. (I would guess they are DIN type connector and would be easily interchangeable)