if we want to read or set a bit of an integer we can simply do:
assume TEST1 is the integer,

TEST1.3 := 1;
or
IF TEST1.4 THEN.....

but what if i want to check an undetermined bit, e.g. TEST1.i
FOR i:= 1 TO 16 DO
IF TEST1.i THEN ....

this doesn't work. it doesn't work in other PLC softwares either, but there are functions for this purpose in other PLCs. for example in Schneider's unity we have GET_BIT
e.g. CurrentState := GET_BIT(InputRegister, BitNumber);

how can i do this in RSlogix 5000?

I would very much appreciate it if you could help me with this matter.

Try TEST1. - the brackets are necessary. Make absolutely sure that 'i' is 0-31 or you'll have a fault.

Sorry, you said 'INT'. So that is '0 - 15'

Last edited:
wow it works now.
thanks for your help,
i wasn't assuming it could be this easy. this is my first project with Alan Bradley, i used to work with Schneider