Block And Modular Plc

stephen

DO YOU KNOW OF ANY SITES OR IF U GUYS HAVE ANY INFO? I'VE GOT A BASIC IDEA BUT IT'S A LITTLE SKETCHY. WHICH IS BETTER OUT OF THE TWO?

Your 'CAPS LOCK' seems to be stuck...

Block? Don't you mean Brick (or, the 'preferred' term, Unitary)?...
huh.gif

And what about 'Rack Mounted'?...
ut-oh.gif

-Eric

P.S. There's a 'hidden' link in this post that points you to an answer. See if you can find it!

Eric,
Found the link, I would definately go with the "rack" mounted in this particular example. Jeez, definately feel she was standing closer to him than he was to her!
---(Scott)

Pickup And Car with Trailer

Stephen

Do you know of any sites or if you have any info? I too have a basic idea but it's also a little sketchy. Which is better out of the two?
If you think this question is rubbish, think again. It's the same question you stated but ported to another field of experience.

The answer? There is no 'better', there's only the question what you want to do with it! Does it do the trick or not? If I needed 20 I/O's and I have a modular PLC which allows only 16, I can't use it at all. If the brick has 32 I can use it. Think about this statement and you're halfway there.

P.S. Tell your teacher most pro's in the field don't care about this kind of questions. They (and me too) just want the job done. THAT's what's important.