SLC 500 Communication with Schneider Stepper Motor

Nuko-san

Hi Guys,
I'm rather new on this forum, I've got a problem with my communication (RS232) with a Schneider (former Berger Lahr) stepper motor. My issue occurs when I'm trying to send a message to reset the last error (or any other command) and I get the toggle bit wrong (after sending a message to the motor leading with ASCII "0" I'll get a response leading with ASCII "8"), i.ex.:
I send a message 04010028... and the proper message should be 84010028..., the motor doesn't respond as I got the toggle bit wrong, I try to re-send the proper message but it goes into a queue and not much happens, I'm trying to do a one shot ACL but that doesn't seem to do much. I managed to access the control word and reset the EU value, which allowed me to re-send the message. Is there a reason why ACL doesn't work? I have little experience with RSLogix as I'm more used to S7. Could anyone provide a bit of support with this issue?

Cheers
George

Anyone? I can communicate to the stepper motor but when I'm trying to send a enable command it seems to be working, but next time I power down everything and restart the message doesn't reach the motor. Is there a way to force the message out?

Last edited: