Micrologix communication

Hello, I am currently working on a lab project in my garage were I have a micrologix 1200 with a 1762-of4 module and a micrologix 1500 with a 1769-if4 module. I want to construct a small PID system in were I want to take data from the 1500 analog input module and transfer it to the 1200 an control an analog output, so basically my question is what would be the easiest and cheapest way to set up communication for these 2 controllers? thanks in advance for any help.

AdvancedHMI comes to mind. (so does selling the 1200 and using what you get for it to buy the necessary parts to do it all in the 1500).

Hopefully this is not a real project.

But if you insist then use a message instruction to transfer the required data between the controllers. In the ML1200 setup a message instruction to read the data from the ML1500.
Connect the serial ports together using a null-modem cable.

Last edited:
Hopefully this is not a real project. Because that is just crazy, it would never be done in the real world.

Boy thats the truth...

Mickey I dont think the null modem cable will work unless they have a LRP 1500 and a R 1200 and then the 1200 is a mini din

I would look to ebay for a couple AICs or ENIs (AIC are cheaper)