RX3i to Modbus

NetNathan

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a Sixnet TC module that I want to talk to with Modbus.

I am using an IC695ETM001 Ethernet module in an RX3i rack.

I have connected successfully to the module using a 90-30 rack with a 372 CPU.

I have exported the "Sixnet" folder that is showing the Comm Request setup of the 372 to talk Modbus.
I imported it into the RX3i logic,...but...I know I have to change something in the Comm Request for the RX3i module I am using.

I am only reading data so the Open request just opens communications and every sec I read from the Sixnet module.

Can some one tell me what I need to change for the RX3i?

I have attached the exported folder so if someone wants to import it and take a look, let me know.

In the COMREQ function, the "SYSID" node defines the rack and slot location of the module at which the COMREQ is directed. In the exported file you have a value of 1, meaning rack zero, slot 1. That is the location of the CPU module. In the Rx3i it needs to be the location of your ETM001 module.
Also the "TASK" parameter needs to be different. A TASK value of 21 is appropriate for the Ethernet port on the CPU372. For the ETM001 module it should be zero.

I made the changes per your instructions (and also found same info in manual):
SYSID = 11
Task =0

The ETM001 is in Rack 0 Slot 11.
I also fixed the Lan_OK and LANIFOK bits to point to the correct status bits of 13 and 16 (ETM001 configured for Status address start of %I00561).

But...
When I tried to load logic, I get an error on the Sixnet block: "Instruction not supported by current CPU.... Rung 5".
I am thinking... I know I have the most recent CPU model. It is a IC695CPE305-ABEH which is most current revision.
Surely it supports a Comm Request function?

Wait....while typing this email and looking at Sixnet CommReq instruction in Rung 5,
I noticed it was a "CommReq 30" instruction, not a "CommReq" instruction. (Jeees Steve, you missed that one)

SO... I have fixed the instructions and will try to load when I go back to the job tomorrow.

I attached my new Sixnet block if you want to see if I missed anything else.

My local time is a little odd for posting to this forum...I am working in Singapore on this job.
So for you guys in the US (or y'all if you are from the southern states), I am a day ahead...hmmm....any of you want to know what is happening tomorrow?....lmao

Last edited: