GE Fanuc RX3i 3rd Party Modbus

sjohnson

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good Day, I am Experimenting with Some more Modbus had had a few questions Regarding the Rx3i and Modbus. I have a big solar project At My home Using a Schneider Electric Conext XW+6848 They Just Came out with a Gate Way and just implemented Client Capabilities.https://solar.schneider-electric.com/product/conext-gateway/ Pretty simple and Straight FWD. Programming Modbus Command ComReq Open channel. Just using the TCP it opens the channel then drops it right away withing 10 seconds returns no error code. It also has RS485 on the Same Gateway. I have a Schneider Gateway TSXETG100 which is a modbus TCP to serial bridge.. I can open channel into that just fine go to read and nothing no response.. Haven't had this much trouble in years..Hopefully nothing changed that i am aware of.. Maybe just the gateway.. It should be looking on Port 502 which is the standard.. Never used the Modbus Mapping directly on the GE As a Slave or Server I am Guessing once you set up Modbus to write to the Server you cannot use the Ethernet or PLC for anything Else.. As you can change the Registers and it allocates all of them into the modbus. or just the ones you setup in the mbpoll. I don't speak Spanish but that what i gather by this.. So I assume you allocate the registers you want to use %R holding registers in mbpoll use one device to write to the ge and use another to read..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlGvrvMnhmU So i am sure that is not what im looking for..

Anyone Familiar with schneider and modbus maybe im missing something simple..

Maybe this might be an Easier Question. Normally Modbus TCP is looking on Port 502 with standared 4xxxx addressing. Is there a way in the Instruction to define or get information from Port 503. It seems this Vendor Schneider is Using Port 503 on these particular devices 0x0050 addressing.