Mitsubishi Analog Input

DamianInRochester

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a Q03UDECPU with a Q62AD-DGH mounted in slot 7.
It is configured as an intelligent input module with 16 points.

I am using GX Works2.

I am only using the first channel on the card. I don't need to use any of the averaging or other features. I just need to read the raw value coming in. It is a 4-20mA signal.

I am having a hard time finding how to read the actual value into the PLC.

The manual indicates that this card defaults to the channels being disabled. (??Argh)

The actual value itself appears to be called the "digital output value" and channel one is stored in buffered memory address 11 (0Bh).

To enable it you have to set the channel to 0 (??) at buffered address 0.

What is the simplest/crudest way to enable channel 1 and read the raw value in?

I have a Q03UDECPU with a Q62AD-DGH mounted in slot 7.
It is configured as an intelligent input module with 16 points.

I am using GX Works2.

I am only using the first channel on the card. I don't need to use any of the averaging or other features. I just need to read the raw value coming in. It is a 4-20mA signal.

I am having a hard time finding how to read the actual value into the PLC.

The manual indicates that this card defaults to the channels being disabled. (??Argh)

The actual value itself appears to be called the "digital output value" and channel one is stored in buffered memory address 11 (0Bh).

To enable it you have to set the channel to 0 (??) at buffered address 0.

What is the simplest/crudest way to enable channel 1 and read the raw value in?

What software are you using?

GX Works2

It was the third sentence down in my post.

Wow, sorry, don't know how I missed that.

In the project tree if you open the drop down menu for the analog module you are using, click on parameters. The first basic setting is A/D conversion enable/disable setting. Enable your channel there. Then go to the auto refresh settings and specify the data register you want to transfer the data there.

With the Q series in GX Works 2 it is nice as you don't have to write any TO/FROM code to set this up.

Hope this helps,

Dave

Ahhh....... That was the missing part of the puzzle. I had setup the IM on the parameters tab for the PLC, but the config did not show up in IM tree on the left. I had to add the module there as well. Once I did that, everything was self explanatory. You are right, this is much easier than with the older GX Programmer.

Sadly, I spent 20 minutes on the line with Mitsubishi tech support and after listening to the guy on the other end flipping through the manual endlessly, he finally said he didn't know and would have to put me back in the phone que in the hopes that the next person I would talk to would know.

Program is finished and working fine. Thanks for the help.

Damian

Ahhh....... That was the missing part of the puzzle. I had setup the IM on the parameters tab for the PLC, but the config did not show up in IM tree on the left. I had to add the module there as well. Once I did that, everything was self explanatory. You are right, this is much easier than with the older GX Programmer.

Sadly, I spent 20 minutes on the line with Mitsubishi tech support and after listening to the guy on the other end flipping through the manual endlessly, he finally said he didn't know and would have to put me back in the phone que in the hopes that the next person I would talk to would know.

Program is finished and working fine. Thanks for the help.

Damian

Glad to help.
Strange, I have had nothing but excellent service from Mitsubishi's tech support.

Dave