1770 KFD configuration

Buscom

Hello,

Please I need help.

I want to configurate the 1770 KFD to etablish devicenet configuration in RSlogix. I have a 1747 Sdn but, I don't achieve to connect it to the devicenet network via the 1770 KFD.

in fact, when i configure the 1770 KFD in RSLinx, I don't view the 1747 sdn in the list of the 1770 KFD device. and when i go to Rsnetworx, the 1747 SDN is not connect.

How can i do please?

Thanks.

Actually I had the KFD working just fine through a USB adapter. The RA 9300-USBS worked like a charm.

So, we have to get to basics:
  1. Are you using a USB to serial adapter?
  2. Are you plugged into a real serial port on your PC
  3. What COM port is this serial port (access the Windows Device Manager and verify this)
  4. What is the status of the three indicator lights on the 1770-KFD adapter

OG

Hello,

Thank you for your answers,
yes, indeed, I use the 1770 KFD with a USB to RS232 adapter (Keyspan USA 19HS) which is connected to the PC via USB.

once I connected the USB to RS232 of the 1770 KFD, I configure this USB to RS232 adapter in "COM4" in the device manager

The state of three LED of the 1770 KFD is:

Network status: solid green
Module status: solid green
RS232 status: green LED flash

Hi
What processor have you got as you could connect via the pass through driver to get access to the network and this would also show you that your networks software is working

Donnchadh

All the devices on the network need to be configured for the same data rate, but for different Node Numbers.

The Data Rate and the Node Number of the 1747-SDN are announced by its LED display during boot-up.

Here is a link to an old thread describing this function of the 1747-SDN.

Once you know the Data Rate and the Node Number of the 1747-SDN, you can configure RSLinx Classic and the 1770-KFD so that they have the same Data Rate and a different Node Number.

There is an RS-232 cable that comes with the 1770-KFD, but you can generally substitute a 1747-CP3 or 1756-CP3 cable. Do not attempt to use a straight-through generic serial cable, as that will not work.

One of the more common mistakes I see with regard to these USB/RS232 adapters is.......all that USB adapter is doing is creating a serial port that your computer would not otherwise have.

Treat that USB serial port like a real serial port. You would normally require a cable to connect between a real serial port and the 1770-KFD. Those cables typically are either "straight-thru" or "null modem" type cables. Generally when you connect two smart devices, you need the "null modem" type cable. Connect that cable to your serial port on one end and the 1770-KFD on the other end. Sometimes a null modem adapter works well here as you can easily add it to a "straight-thru" type cable and essentially convert it to a null modem cable. Then remove it when you need a standard cable.

The second most common mistake is not identifying which COM port Windows has assigned to your USB serial port. But, it sounds like you have identified your device as using COM4.

Hopefully Ken got you pointed down the right path with obtaining the correct cable and the other DeviceNet settings.

OG

Ok, thank you all for your replay :)

In fact, the problem is that when I run the program in my RSLogix, the is an error which say that "the size of the G-files of my 1747 SDN exceed the capacity of the module".
But, I don't understand why it say that, because, I have make many change in the G-files length (0, 3 , 7 , 32) , but the message were already the same. Please, how can I do? and what is the problem? because, I don't understand.
The second problem is that I have a code error 91 on the screen of my 1747 SDN DeviceNet adapter, I have seen in a one last post that we can resolve thise problem by make a reset. and I have make by follow the step of the 1747 SDN usual manual, but, it has no change anything.
Another thing is that, in the RSNetworx, the 1747 SDN(version 6.002) is not recognize, I dion't know if I have to dowload the 1747 SDN/serie B version 6.002 EDS files in my RSNetworx? I have also, find version 6.002 EDS files at rockwellautomation.com but, they don't have this version.

Please, can someone help me?
Thank's