Ladder Logic Simulator

JJ_JBB

Hi All,

I am a lecturer and have been using the Ladsim software by Bytronic for years. The company has now upgraded to all 64 bit systems and Ladsim will not work any more. They are working on the problem but in the mean time I need a similar solution for my students.

Does anyone know of a good simple simulation software that is suitable for an introductory to Ladder Logic course?

Thanks in advance.

No suggestions for new software but if you are set on using your old software you may be able to use a Virtual Machine on your new computer to run your old favorites! Win 7 has its own XP Mode for this or VMWare Workstation is another good one.

Hi Strokur, I have played with the online plc sim and although it is a good starting point it lacks the side by side simulation that LadSim had.

PieGuy, I will pass what you suggest to the IT guys.

I am sure there are some wizkids on here that could fill this gap in the market and make a buck while at it!!!

Does anyone know of a good simple simulation software that is suitable for an introductory to Ladder Logic course?
LogixPro is a good PLC simulator for Allen Bradley RSLogix 500 software on a SLC 5/02 or similar. You can find information (and also the program) at thelearningpit.com. This program does show the "physical setup" side-by-side with the ladder program. There are also many good student problems with scenarios built in to the simulator program.

http://www.thelearningpit.com/

Last edited:
I use PLCLogix for simulating Logix 5000 PLC programs. It is available at the following link: www.plclogix.com. LogixPro is good as well, but it only simulates the 500-series and doesn't have tag-based addressing.

LogixPro is good as well, but it only simulates the 500-series and doesn't have tag-based addressing.
True, you get what you pay for. LogixPro is about $50 including all the student exercises (even less if bought by an instructor), and PLCLogix is $295 without the student exercises.

You could also try running it in XP compatibility mode - that quite often works.