Crimson 3.0 Question

Shiro485

Hello,
I am using crimson 3.0 and have a multi state indicator, the indicator will display a different description dependent on tag state. I also need to embed other data values depending on tag state.

For instance my multi state indicator has a value of 4, this triggers a timer countdown, I need the description in the box to say timed step has begun xxx seconds remaining, the xxx referring to another tag.

How can I do this?

Thanks in advance for your help, and apologies for my newbness

Best Regards

Hello,
I am using crimson 3.0 and have a multi state indicator, the indicator will display a different description dependent on tag state. I also need to embed other data values depending on tag state.

For instance my multi state indicator has a value of 4, this triggers a timer countdown, I need the description in the box to say timed step has begun xxx seconds remaining, the xxx referring to another tag.

How can I do this?

Thanks in advance for your help, and apologies for my newbness

Best Regards

Just type this in the text box next to the value 4...

="timed step has begun " + SecondsTag.AsText + " seconds remaining"

SecondsTag is the tagname that contains the seconds.

If for some reason using SecondsTag.AsText doesn't display correctly, try AsText(SecondsTag).

This has been covered before on this site, BTW.

Thanks,
I haven't been able to buy a membership yet so I don't have access to the search function.

Thanks again for your help.

You're welcome. You don't need to purchase a membership to search, just use the fancy Google search.