OMRON MLPX command help

BJR

Anyone familiar with this command? The main info. missing in the help is what the control word does. (By the way, is that something I should know in general working with OMRON? Or does each command use its control word differently? ) The help says that the function of MLPX depends on the value of the control word. What I wanted is to look at the current value of a counter in the source word, like CNT1 and multiplex it into a work word, say W200 so that when the counter equals 0, W200 in binary is 0000000000000001.
when CNT1=1, W200 in binary is 0000000000000010 etc. up to 15
I'm new to OMRON so I'm a little confused why it is not working out for me and suspect I don't understand the control since I seem to be using valid source and first result word types for S and R.
thanks

For your first question . each command use its control word differently.
Some fun have some option and that define by the control word.
I never use this fun but I think you can get what you want by compare.
When C1=0 move 1 to DM1
When C1=1 move 3 to DM1.
Let me know what software you use I will write you sampel code.
From brife looking I dont think that what you need.Maybe you can describe what you want in details.
Omron is very esay to use you just need to know the basic idea.

Actully this is my second Omron project and I had to do the first one like you described by comparing equal and moving to DM. I am using the counter for sequencing and do not want to use so many rungs this time to compare when it could be done with one rung like in other PLCs. From everything I've read on the MLPX command it is exactly what I need but the fuction of the control word is not explained at all.

Here is a link to the Omron CS/CJ instruction reference manual. There are examples and explanation of the control word requirements. Control words are common in the later Omron high end PLCs. There you define what you require the instruction to do for you. It is really very handy.

I first started using instructions with control words as far back as 1996. First ones used were reversible shift register and network receive commands. Still use reversible shift registers for load control but Controller Link does not require the transmit or receive commands. Just set it up and forget it.

Control words are very easy and intuitive once you get used to them.

Omron CS/CJ Instruction Reference Manual

Thank you! I've found Omron's web site a little difficult to find things. This will be very useful as we do more projects for this customer. The brief instruction reference charts just don't give enough detail for the more involved commands.

Why you dont use shift register for sequencing?
Far as I remember Omron have sequencer only on S6 which is very old.
I will try to see how this fun work and give you answer.

I littel confused too I have to read more but now is too late I didnt realize it so late 1.45 AM/
Any how it work with any C you use.
I changed 223 and 220 changed according to that
It is not worked with CNT.
Try to use INC instead of CNT.

mlpx.jpg

Firstly, You can use the value from a counter if you so wish but be aware that a counter value is stored in BCD....here's the code...
This i know works.....

mlpx.gif

Last edited:
I played around converting the numbers from the screen shots and it looks like that will be exactly what I was after in the last reply. As long as memory location 200 can then be used at the bit level as an address for a normally open contact, such as -| |- 200.00 or -| |-200.05 etc.
I don't remember what my results were on the first project a few months ago but I don't think I was getting anything in the result word. That's why I only suspected the control word. I don't think I would have caught on to the conversion very quickly either. Now that I have the good instruction reference I will be learning a lot quicker! Thanks everyone for all of your help.

mplx

ArikBY said:
For your first question . each command use its control word differently.
Some fun have some option and that define by the control word.
I never use this fun but I think you can get what you want by compare.
When C1=0 move 1 to DM1
When C1=1 move 3 to DM1.
Let me know what software you use I will write you sampel code.
From brife looking I dont think that what you need.Maybe you can describe what you want in details.
Omron is very esay to use you just need to know the basic idea.

can u help me if i send a program?

Mlpx

Dear All,
Continue with last, i'm still confuse about MLPX.
If anyone have many sample about that command, please send to me.

Thanks

Tio