PanelView Pluss Shutting Off

Sphinxj

So I have an odd question. When I put in my USB drive into the back of a PanelView Plus 1000, the panelview faults and restarts. I have swapped this unit out with a different unit and it does it to. I have checked the wiring to the panelview and it checks out.
:mad:
Any thoughts on what my opportunity could be to get the flash drive to work?

Perhaps a call to AB or your distributor is in order? A Panelview destroying USB drives would be abnormal to the point of interest for those guys.

Well I did call AB today, and they said they have never seen this. Told me I was out of luck and to send them back under warranty... Thanks for all the help AB. Guess I will never know on this one. :/

Have you tried a different USB flash drive?

Yes, and it burns up the flash drive each time. So I am a little weary of using anymore flash drives. I keep destroying them...

Your PanelView Plus should be firmware version 4.0 or higher to recognize a USB flash drive. Also, you should only use USB flash drives that are less than 2GB and formatted with FAT16.

Are you using the same type USB flash drive each time, and does it meet the above criteria?

Have you tried a different type/make USB flash drive, again meeting the above criteria?

Could you post the details of the particular flash drive so others may be aware?

George

Yes, the panel view and jump drives are of proper spec. They were an assortment of jump drives, three of them that were burnt up. I traced back the wires to the panel, and everything looks good.

I swapped out the panel for another one, and it did the same thing.

Next question, is there a way to update the screen saver image while connected via Ethernet?

I traced back the wires to the panel, and everything looks good.

I swapped out the panel for another one, and it did the same thing.

Wait, wait. In this context, what is "the panel" ? Do you mean the PanelView terminal itself ?

Do you have extension cables connected to the USB plugs on the PanelView terminal, or are you plugging in directly ?

Check the voltage supply for your PanelView very carefully.

it did the same thing.

Again, do you mean that two different PanelView terminals caused damage to USB drives plugged into them ?

If so, you either have something very unusual in your installation or you'd better go buy a lottery ticket on your way to your A-B distributor.

I am plugging right into the back of the panel, no extensions. It happened to one screen, so we swapped it out and it happened to another one.

I then had the first one moved to a different machine, and it did not shut down the panel, but it would not load my files.

The second panel I tried did the same thing the first one did when I switched it into the first machine the first screen was in.

I traced the wires back, and I am getting power and ground to the panel, 24VDC. This is the most unusual thing I have ever seen.