Panasonic servo motor

ketaciturn

Good day Everyone!

I've a question regarding Panasonic AC servo motor 750W, with its driver MSDA083A1A, and I'm using it to run under position control mode. But i need to use the acceleration and deceleration time in my application... So, how to set the driver so that it runs under position control mode but still have the acc/dec effect?

Hi there!

We're also using a panasonic servo motor in a project we're working on now (100W on MSDA 013A1A). I don't know if it's of any use to you, but we've managed to make an acceleration/deceleration-program to our system.
Check the thread at "http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8451" to see our 'simple' program.

I don't really understand what you mean about "position control mode", I'm a beginner at this stuff ;)

Good luck!

//Andreas

Thanks Soder! Thanks for your reply..

Actually i'm a beginner at this stuff too, i looked through the operating manual, and found that there are 3 control mode which are velocity, position, and torque. And in my application, we used postion control mode because we need to have precise distance traveled for every index.

I will try to look through and digest all the info at your previous thread to see if there is anything useful for me...Thanks again.

But to make my question clearer, i hope to use acc/dec in my application by just setting the servo driver. Is it possible? :confused:

Actually I dont know - but there's tons of people here that can give you good advice, I'm sure. I just linked to my thread since the equipment was sort of the same. If you start to look at the second page of the thread you miss out on the desperate things that probably isnt of any use for you ;)
A sample program of acc/dec is posted on the bottom of page 2..

//Andreas