Replacing a DeviceNet Encoder

Rob S.

Good Evening ,

I know I should know this , but when you replace a DeviceNet Encoder can you just select the proper dip switches for the node address on the new encoder, like the old one , and just install it , or do you need to go into RSNetWorx for DeviceNet to recognize it ?

Thanks in advance.

It will depend on how you scanner is configured. It could be setup so that you have to have the same firmware , major & minor.etc.... that would more then likely cause you to have to use rsnetwork to set it up. You could also have it setup for no keying. In that case you could just set the address and swap them out. This is assuming they're the same make and model.

Hi
With any dent encoders I have used I always had to use networks to set up some items like scaling etc

Donnchadh