Uploading from an M340 with Unity

godfrey

I am using Unity 5.0 with an M340 processor. The Upload Project button is grayed out because certain options were not checked in Project Settings. But I can't get a clear answer on what exactly needs to be checked. What have you done so that you can upload as well as download? I hate that Modicon does this and most other PLC brands don't have this hurdle.
I had to overwrite a project just to get online.

On project setting is two setting for this.

- Upload infomation
- Upload information management

If upload information is unchecked, you can't load project from PLC.

From Unity online Help file.

"Upload information

If Upload information is checked, in this non-executable code designed to restore the source of the project on a terminal is simultaneously loaded with the executable code when transferring the project to the PLC.
If Upload information is un-checked the program transfer from the PLC to the PC can not be done anymore.
In this executable code, the check boxes Comments (variables and types) and Animation tables are used to include (or not) comments associated with the variables and types and animation tables respectively.

Upload information management

If Automatic is selected, all online modifications are made on both the executable code and the non-executable code designed to restore the project on the terminal.
If At user request is selected, the online modifications are only made on the executable code in the PLC processor. The non-executable code must be updated implicitly using the PLC → Update Upload Information command.
An indicator at the foot of the screen is displayed if the non-executable code has not been updated"