Problem in creating DataBase in FactoryTalk SE

minaykha

Hi,

I got a problem when i create new database(under connection folder) for Alarm and Even log viewer.I am using FactoryTalk SE(version7) local application.I go through manual and seem like i have all necessary components such as SQL2008 server,.Net framework etc..inside my laptop.
But when i follow manual and create the database, i receive follow error.(Pls refer to pix)
Dose anyone encountered this problem before ? Can anyone guide me how can i make it work ? Thank.

Alarm and Event 2.jpg

do you have other programming softwares installed along FT on the same partition?
It used to work fine for a manny years to use manny soft on the same machine but since new update, i cannot make Siemens TIA and AB FT co-habit on the same plc for a long period. It may not be your issue but i got database error with FT right after a Siemens install, and Siemens stop working after i deleted and re-installed FT

I know what you mean.
I don't install any other software on my SE station.I just install FactoryTalk view studio only.
I think, there might be some configuration i need to set up.
Still trying to find out the problem.

Can you actually access the SQL Express database with an external tool? Such as SQL management studio?

I don't use SQL Express, but for normal SQL server, you need to set up a database connector under 'Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Data Sources'. Do you have that?