Bit position

RayJ

R
Looking for a solution to mimic a file bit compare instruction(FBC) in a AB SLC504 ser B.The FBC instrucution is only supported in a ser C.
The application is to display the position of a bit as it shifts through a file of 48 bits.Have tried the bit shift left instruction but this does not report the position.

Ray...

All Series B SLC-5/04 controllers are EEPROM upgradeable.... if you need the instruction, I figure upgrade the controller to include the instruction.

The easiest way I can think of to search a 48-bit array is a loop that checks the state of one bit at a time. Ordinarily this would take 48 scans of the controller, or some fancy JMP/LBL work to make it all happen in one scan. Like so:

[attachment]

bitfind.gif

I just upgraded the firmware on a series B SLC 5/04 just so I could use DDT/FBC instructions. A/B part # 1747-OS401, it cost "us" $104.

Ken Roach said:
some fancy JMP/LBL work to make it all happen in one scan.

And increase your scan time.

I usually handle my database manipulation one bit or register at a time, like Ken is showing. Unless you NEED the information to be complete by the end of the scan, there's no need to keep the processor from its other tasks.

AK

Twido i neee help?

Hi everyone

if any can help me with this i´m having problems with twido and a maple hmi 530c i did everything the manual said and i can get any communication betwen the hmi and the twido, im using a 485 port 1 as slave an hmi 485 as a master

what im doing wrong??

Re: Twido i neee help?

fide said:
what im doing wrong??
The first thing you did wrong was hijack an existing thread instead of starting a new topic... (n)

Are you absolutely sure you constructed the cable properly according to THESE instructions?

beerchug

-Eric