PC-panel. Protoolv6.0 . Ethernet. Data change

Valera

Have somebody any ideas about task like->
There is Siemens PC touch panel, VB visualisation application is install on it (I think it is written by PRODAVE MPI&VBasic). I want insall project of Protool instead of it.
When I will be made project of Protool v6.0 can I do this-> PLC have DBs are reading to Protool, there is ethernet card of PC-panel, can I send values of DBs words through LAN to WinCC station (or may be bisness application like Excell or Access MS)??

PLC have DBs are reading to Protool
Protool Pro can access all datas in S7, including DBs.

there is ethernet card of PC-panel, can I send values of DBs words through LAN to WinCC station (or may be bisness application like Excell or Access MS)??
There are different ways to do this.
The easiest seems to set up Protool Pro as an OPC Server.
Under System ... Settings ... Server - put a checkmark in OPC Server .
I havent used this option myself, but I believe that the tags that are configured in Protool Pro will then appear as OPC topics.

To put it shortly, OPC is a standard that allows datacommunication between many platforms and vendors.

OPC Servers makes the connections
Examples: Simatic Softnet S7, Protool Pro (as server), RSLinx.

OPC Clients uses the connections.
Examples: Excel, Visual Basic, Protool Pro (as client), WINCC, RSView32, and many many more SCADA packages.

If you want to look into this you should get an "OPC test client" (Siemens is called OPC Scout). These are usually free, because the main purpose is to just check the OPC server is working.

Then you can also get demo versions of various OPC servers. They are normally fully functional but timelimited.

I would say that it would take someone with no knowledge of OPC approx one week of self-study, to get the basics and have a working OPC connection.

What you can do real quick:
Select the OPC server option in Protool Pro, and try to work with one of the free OPC test clients.