Combining two integers to get a float

krakenfan69

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have two integers in Dec. 16169 and -30892. They get moved to a float and displayed. I am wanting to double check the value to expect. I have search but not quite finding the thing I need. How can I figure the Floats value offline with a calculator? Anyone know the formula and can explain it to me so I can understand what's going on?

Thanks for any help,

Kraken Fan #69

Last edited:
I have two integers in Dec. 16169 and -30892. They get moved to a float and displayed. I am wanting to double check the value to expect. I have search but not quite finding the thing I need. How can I figure the Floats value offline with a calculator? Anyone know the formula and can explain it to me so I can understand what's going on?

Thanks for any help,

Kraken Fan #69

What do you expect that number to be?

11.34554. But more importantly I am interested in learning the math behind it and how to calculate it offline. :)

Kraken Fan #69

I just used it and it worked like a charm. (Matched the value I had expected anyway) Thanks for such a great link and all your help. If anyone has anything to add on doing this with just a calc and the math behind it I would still be interested in learning more!!

Kraken Fan #69

I just used it and it worked like a charm. (Matched the value I had expected anyway) Thanks for such a great link and all your help. If anyone has anything to add on doing this with just a calc and the math behind it I would still be interested in learning more!!

Kraken Fan #69

Glad it worked for you - I couldn't get it to match your expected value, but as long as you did...

Hi

Not sure if you are using an ab plc but I had the same problem coming from a sick vision sensor last year and I used a cop instruction from a dint or int can't remember to a real and it worked for me as the mov instruction would not

Donnchadh

AB PLC 5. Just was chasing the Dragon on some values that aren't updating on a daily report and ended up here, got curious and couldn't get an acceptable answer until JHarbin popped by. Just always want to know more...

Kraken Fan #69

Last edited:
Hi

Maybe you could try the cop in plc 5 and see does it work as it did for me in 5000. Just if you get a chance but be careful as I have faulted a plc 5 in the past with some items, not as easy to fault a 5000 thank goodness

Donnchadh