how to send data from rs 5000

Welcome to the Forum !

It won't be easy or inexpensive.

The SLC-500 family never had easy ControlNet connectivity, and I think all three of the 1747-series ControlNet modules are out of production.

The easiest way to transmit a message from a ControlLogix system to an SLC-5/04 controller would be to install a 1747-KFC15 module on the SLC rack and connect it's serial port to the SLC's serial port. A MSG instruction in the ControlLogix would then have access to the SLC-5/04 data tables.

The 1747-SCNR15 ControlNet Scanner module could also be used to create an I/O connection between the two systems. I'm a ControlNet expert and I consider this method to be complicated, so it's not a project for a novice.

If the SLC-5/04 is connected to a DH+ network, it would be easy to send it a message via network bridging over 1756-series network modules. In this case it would be a 1757-CNB (or CN2) and a 1756-DHRIO.

sorry i did not give enough information.. there is already a controlnet net work set up between the two.. and they are sending some data from the slc to the control logix 5000. but i need to send data to the slc. there are some integer files that are labeled as if they are coming from the control logix. the integer files are being copied from M1??? or M0??? (cant rember the adress) but i cant seam to find where to put my data in the control logix to use what is already there

To figure this out I would need to see all the same files you have: the RSLogix 500 program for the SLC-5/04, the RSLogix 5000 program for the ControlLogix, and the RSNetworx for ControlNet *.XC file that configures how the data is mapped from one system to another.

The M0 and M1 files are an SLC-500 method for addressing extended memory locations in a modules like a 1747-SN, -SDN, or -SCNR15. The data you want will be in those M0 and M1 files but it's impossible to say where without seeing the configuration files.

As I said this is not a common or easy connection, and you should definitely take this opportunity to document the connection thoroughly for your own reference later.

problem solved!!! we found where there were sending one bit to the slc and just had to chang a length from 1 to 2 on a COP instruction... its very complacted!!! thanks for the help.. sorry i cant explane it