RSLogix 5000 cross reference including base tag problem

Hello. I am having a problem in RSLogix 5000 that I have never seen before, and my co worker is having the same issue. When we cross reference a tag, instead of cross referencing just that specific tag, it cross references the base tag for that tag as well. Example: I cross reference test.hello.plc. Instead of just showing me cross references to test.hello.plc, I get ALL of the cross references for anything under test and test.hello.

I know I can change it from "show all" to just a specific referenc on the top like this:

RwXLc0O.png

but I have to do this every time I cross reference. Basically under that reference tree, I want it to just have "VOLT2_SIDE.SUHNER_SLIDE_2.EXT_PB" instead of both that and "VOLT2_SIDE".

Any advice on how we can fix this? It doesn't happen on our other projects. Just the new ones we have made. Thank you for your time.

The cross-reference is designed to be comprehensive, and used as a debugging tool it is second to none.

In your case, you see it returning results you are not interested in, so use the filters as you described.

It is not a fault that needs to be "fixed", some day you will need the x-ref results that it gives by default.