s bits cross referncing in rslogix 5000 mean

Well, cross-referencing a tag in RLogix 5000 tells you where the tag is being used in the program.

thank you, thats exactly what i said. but the interviewer wanted a detailied identification, and i was out of words. do u know of any videos or manuals that explains it throughly?

Did you look at the help files in the program? What about the manual for 5000? There may be a Youtube video on the subject also.

The Cross Reference function lets you search your entire project and find every occurrence of the selected element address. You can perform this function in either the online or offline state. Depending on the element you have selected, the Cross Reference view can contain up to three separate tabs for three different kinds of references. You can view cross reference information by the following.

Logic

Tag

Tag hierarchy

Note that you can only cross reference one item at a time.

The information displayed in each tab is read-only. For more information on the type of information contained in each of these tabs, refer to the Related Topics at the bottom of this page.

No matter which tab you are on, a field at the top of the cross reference view displays the type, name, and scope of the component, as well as Show menu, which lets you choose the columns of information you want to appear on each respective tab.

Parameters
Type
Select the cross reference type. Choose from the following.

Tag

Data Type

Routine

Program

Equipment Phase

Add-On Instruction

Task

Module

Label

Scope
Select the scope you want to cross reference. This field limits your options in the Name field.

Show
Use this selection to control the amount of cross reference information that is displayed. Choose from the following.

Show All

Destructive

Non-Destructive

Reference

Program

Routine

Element

Name
Select or enter the name of the item you want to cross reference. If the type is Tag, then on the By Logic tab, you can enter the first few characters of the name to see cross reference information for all tags beginning with those characters.