RSlogix-Wallclock-GSV Instruction

Hi Guys,
I am trying to get the PLC wall clock to trigger a reset. I have gone through various posts on PLCtalk website and other website did exactly what is recommended but I cant get the value to trigger.
I have created a user defined data type ( Please see the attached screen shot) and used GSV to get value but it doesn't work.
Could you guys please point out where I am making mistake.
Thanks for the help

UDT.jpg Program 1.jpg

What doesn't work? Does the GSV get values? The instruction for the GSV for Wallclocktime shows a target of a 7 element array of DINTS but you have a UDT (ostensibly with the same overall structure) Does that work?

You seem to have the same tag as an output twice. Is that what you intended?

Last edited:
What doesn't work? Does the GSV get values? The instruction for the GSV for Wallclocktime shows a target of a 7 element array of DINTS but you have a UDT (ostensibly with the same overall structure) Does that work?

When I run the program, I don't get any value in the Tag, here as "CP001_LocalDateandTime.Minutes" which is in GSV instruction. I dont know where I am going wrong. Do I need to do any thing on Controller properties.

You seem to have the same tag as an output twice. Is that what you intended?
Yes, one is the Reset option from SCADA and other is Trigger from Wall clock mins.

The GSV will return 7 DINTS. If you think you are asking for just the minutes - you are wrong.

Change the target of your GSV to just CP001_LocalDateandTime - without the '.Minutes' reference. The GSV may fill the whole UDT. if that doesn't work create a 7 element long DINT array and provide the first element of that as a target. See what you get.

I did try that before posting the question on forum.
When I am changing the target to "CP001_LocalDateandTime" then I am getting an error in rung and "?" in the instruction ( Please see the attached Screen shot)

Program 3.jpg

Point to the first element in your structure as the destination. That would be yourtagname.Year.

Also, if you have the choice between LocalDateTime and DateTime, then you want the LocalDateTime. This will give you your local time based on your time zone and daylight savings.

Earlier revs of Logix5000 only had DateTime. When they added this new attribute, what had been known as DateTime became LocalDateTime and a new option called DateTime was added that was effectively UTC/GMT.

OG

**EDIT ** I see your last example did use LocalDateTime. So just change the destination to the .Year tag.

Thanks Very much ****Mr Operaghost***,, it worked.
So simply point out to the first element, that is .year and it worked.

Brilliant members of this forum !