Siemens SCL and Simotion

JasonWade

Hi,

I have a project with a 840dsl NCU730 with integrated CPU317 and a MP377 HMI. I've been told that I can't use portal because it doesn't yet have the simotion components. So I am using WinCC 2008 SP2 and Step7 5.5.

My problem is I want to use SCL and it seems it will not install on Windows 7, where my S7 5.5 is. I have XP mode for the WinCC 2008, but don't have s7 installed there.

Does anyone know a solution that doesn't involve moving my S7 install from W7 to XP?

Thanks

Thanks boneless. I have the licence already, I just never installed it on my pc because we use TIA portal normally.

I guess I should have simplified the whole question to;

Does anyone know a way to make SCL 5.3 SP3 run on Windows 7 64bit?

Similar Topics

Hello, When you want compare values of an array to a range of numbers is it a right way to do that? FUNCTION ADD VAR_IN_OUT A:ARRAY[1..50]...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I need to try and convert some code from Siemens SCL (TIA16) over to Allen Bradley RS5000. I have attached an image of the SCL and what...
Replies
Views
in the scl code written in screenshot Line 1 condition is false but still the program checking the line 2 condition and says it is true i had...
Replies
Views
I am new to PLC programming. Is there a standard way to incorporate alarms / warnings / events such as the exceptions in C++ or Java where you can...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I am new to programming with Tia Portal and I am having difficulty with something that we have found "easy" in other programming...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom