Which USB to serial cable works?

etcetera

I'm trying to connect to a Micrologix 1000 analog, not having much luck. I have 3 different usb/serial cables here. 1 is a gigaware, not sure about the chipset. 1 is a Belkin F5u409v1, which I understand has the prolific chipset. Apparently that is no good although I did find a couple posts on the net saying it was good. The third is generic.

Is there a serial cable that is available today that will work? Might be time to try and resurrect an old computer or something. Hoping there is something available off the shelf somewhere locally.

I'm pretty new at this, and this is the first time trying to connect using something other than ethernet. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong in the software.

Software is RSLogix500 English version 8.2.

A scan in RSlinx turns up nothing, Autoconfigure get an error message asking to check cables.

When I try and go online in RSlogix500 It tells me the connected device is not a micrologix or SLC.

I've verified the Com port using device manager.

Currently set at 19,200 8 1.

Please Help!

Eric

I'm trying to connect to a Micrologix 1000 analog, not having much luck. I have 3 different usb/serial cables here. 1 is a gigaware, not sure about the chipset. 1 is a Belkin F5u409v1, which I understand has the prolific chipset. Apparently that is no good although I did find a couple posts on the net saying it was good. The third is generic.

Is there a serial cable that is available today that will work? Might be time to try and resurrect an old computer or something. Hoping there is something available off the shelf somewhere locally.

I'm pretty new at this, and this is the first time trying to connect using something other than ethernet. Maybe I'm just doing something wrong in the software.

Software is RSLogix500 English version 8.2.

A scan in RSlinx turns up nothing, Autoconfigure get an error message asking to check cables.

When I try and go online in RSlogix500 It tells me the connected device is not a micrologix or SLC.

I've verified the Com port using device manager.

Currently set at 19,200 8 1.

Please Help!

Eric
This has been discussed on this forum in the past.
There are many that work.
_I_ use a B&B Electronics USM09, and it has never let me down...and the tech support and warranty support are awesome.

I use the Belkin F5U409 on all our AB hardware. The only thing that I haven't been able to get it to work with is the Ultra 3000 drive.

I use the 9300-USBS from AB. It's overpriced, but I have never had any problems. Since its an AB product, if i ever have problems, i can call Tech Support and get frustrated:sick:

Thanks for the help and suggestions everyone. Mark uses the belkin cable, so I might be doing something wrong, or there could be some other problem. I already took it back though...

We ordered the AB cable. I got it working anyways, the programming cable that plugs into the PLC was bad. It was a new AB cable. Go figure.

Thanks everyone for your help.