Studio 5000 doesn't support Logix5563?

SimonDreyer

Hi Folks
I have got an Allen-Bradley ControlLogix 5563 processor and am trying to test it with Studio 500 V21.03 Professional Edition but it does not seen to support it. I cant find this processor in the list of possible processors. What software should I be using please?
Cheers Simon

You must use Rslogix5000 ver 20 or earlier to program this controller.
Studio 5000 V21 does'not support it.

Studio 5000 only supports controllers starting with revision 21. Prior to that, we use RSLogix 5000. Your 5563 controller only supports up to revision 20, so RSLogix 5000 is necessary.

RSLogix 5000 should either be on the DVD along with Studio 5000 or if you downloaded Studio 5000 from the Rockwell software download site, you should be able to download RSLogix 5000 as well. No additional license is required. Nothing extra to purchase.

Also, read the disclaimers regarding Studio 5000 version 21.03. It is NOT intended for general use. Version 21.00.3 is the general use version.

OG

I thought you now got two DVDs. One with Studio 5000 and the other with the old revs of RSLogix. Is that not the case?

I download everything now, so I don't have first hand experience.

OG

Thanks Guys, I have installed Logix500 V17.1 but now it gives me the error message that the processor has firmware revision 20.54 and that support for this revision is not installed. "To upload from this controller you need to install RSLogix 5000 support for this firmware"
I have searched the downloads section etc. and cant find any references to patches or upgrades for firmware revisions. Any help please :)
Thanks Simon

Last edited:
You'll need to install version 20 of Logix5000, You need the same version of 5000 installed as the FW of any PLC you want to connect to.

For example, I have the Dvd for version 20, on installing it will ask you what versions to install(in my case I installed, 20,19,18,17,16). Thus I can connect to processors using any of those major FW revisions.