Simatic S7 OPC UA configuration issues

randrews

Hello,

We recently acquired a Siemens line and we have a station running the S7 opcdaserver. I want to test out the OPC->ODBC service from Matrikon, however I've discovered that the UA service is bound to the internal IP address of the PLC lan. I need to reconfigure the UA service to listen on both connected network interfaces of the PC so I can connect the OPC->ODBC service running on another system on the network.

I know nothing of PLC and OPC protocol. However as the IT administrator, I've been charged with the task of investigating getting the data from the PLC's into a database for integration with our ERP.

Any help is appreciated.

Have you contacted Matrikon's tech support regarding your dilema? They should be able to resolve your problem.

Unfortunately I cannot speak to how Matrikon's server works in that we are a Kepware distributor.