SCADA question

Joel201

Good day,

Can i transfer data from a Siemens PLC to any SCADA by just using an ethernet cable? or do i need OPC servers depending on the brand of SCADA i will connect to or any additional modules for the Siemens PLC.

Thanks,
Joel

Generally speaking, if your PLC features an Ethernet port, then you may communicate with it via Ethernet. Any servers required for your particular PLC will typically be available from the same vendor that will supply your SCADA.

yes...While configuring your IO servers in SCADA it will ask you for a DRIVER selection.
Most of the SCADA's has got major drivers with them like drivers for Siemens..ABB...Schneider..GE...IEC...VIPA...etc..

Similar Topics

Hello everyone, I am in the beta phase of building a SCADA system. Currently planning to use Inductive Automation as our SCADA platform, but...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon, I am an intermediate Programmer who has set up for part of my Wastewater plant a Two server redundant WinCC scada system with an...
Replies
Views
just wondering if anyone has worked previously on Citect SCADA 2015 (V7.5) before they upgraded Citect SCADA 2016 (V8.0). i have to upgrade my...
Replies
Views
I have rs view 32 scada running on pc with dh+ network . So the rs view running channel is the 1st channel (as dh+ network interface card ) . I...
Replies
Views
Hi, We are in a car company. For the PLC, HMI and SCADA programmation we do not have any standards. For the old body we setted up a SCADA system...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom